My husband has a keen interest in learning African dance. I am sure our neighbhors can attest to the loud african drum music on the weekends as he creates his own routines. As luck would have it, Barnafrika, a festival celebrating African culture begins this weekend in Barcelona. We can perfect our dance moves at a dance workshop, listen to different styles of African music, taste African food, listen African folktales or attend a lecture about African culture and current events.
The bulk of the Barnafrika festival program takes place this weekend at Parc del Estació del Nord in Barcelona. On Monday and Tuesday, events will take place at the Museu Etnologic de Barcelona. Barniafrika ends with the Copa Afrika futbol (soccer) match on Sunday, 30 May 2010, between the select African team and the select Latin American team takes place at Camp Europa.
- Saturday, 22 May 2010: Activities from 11 am to 9 pm
- Sunday, 23 May 2010: Activities from 11 am to 9 pm
- Monday, 24 May 2010: Activities begin at 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, 25 May 2010: Activities begin at 6:30 pm
- Sunday, 30 May 2010: Africa Cup futbol (soccer) match starts at 5 pm
:: More Information on Africa ::
- Some of my favorite Africa blogs: This is Ghana and Africa Attraction
- Africa Travel Information: Lonely Planet Africa Guide